Our organisation is growing fast and we are looking for a team of Digital Marketing Executives to boost our digital marketing growth to complement our existing events, PR and E-commerce Marketing team. You will be joining a group of experts in the e-Learning industry that aim to inspire learning for all. The role is a generalist digital marketing position working across a range of areas, however any specific digital expertise is advantageous.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 3 million learners. In the last 12 months we have won many awards including Gold at the Learning Technologies Awards.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Working with the wider sales and Marketing team to contribute and implement the annual digital marketing plan which supports the overall VC Three Year Strategic Plan.
- Developing engaging content for articles, blogs, stories and social media to entice and engage audience.
- Managing content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic and engagement meeting key social media and web targets.
- Understand website content and web development process and raise and manage requests to positively impact the use journey.
- Develop a social media content plan and co-ordinate its implementation in line with awareness days and other core initiatives outside of Virtual College.
- Work with the wider marketing team to develop email campaigns, planning, schedule delivery dates and execute for an optimal customer experience.
- To assist with the implementation of the ecommerce and digital marketing SEO strategy: to help create campaigns that improve, develop and increase organic reach and drive engagement with our core audiences, and boost our web SEO rankings.
- Familiarity of web analytics would be useful to provide actionable insight on content performance and customer engagement across campaign landing pages and general web pages so we can improve and optimised our content. To help us understand our bounce rates to increase dwell time, deliver more leads and improve conversion.
- To measure, track and report on all digital marketing campaigns (email, website, and social media).
- To support, advise and coordinate online crisis communication responses, as issues unfold on social media and delegate these to the right teams at Virtual College for the best responses to be crafted.
- Minimum 18 months experience in a similar role.
- Experience of working in a Marketing team.
- Experience of working in the B2B sector.
- Experience and/or exposure of social media, website, campaign management and email.
- Experience of google analytics and data analysis.
- Ability to build strong positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to act on own initiative and manage own workload.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Strong commercial awareness with the ability to work with a degree of autonomy.
- Personal ambition and driven to achieve targets and objectives.
- Knowledge of e-learning and solutions.
- Experience of software solutions.
- Being able to demonstrate and discuss experience of a campaign that’s drive results.
- Experience of using a CRM system, in particular Dynamics 365.
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday).
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff for the staff”.