We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Technical Trainer/Assessor to complement our existing apprenticeships delivery team. It is an exciting time to join us! Our team is growing as we continue to develop new apprenticeship standards. This role will be responsible for delivering IT Infrastructure Level 3 and Cyber Security Level 4. You will be joining a group of experts in the e-Learning industry that aim to inspire learning for all. Based out of our office in Durham however the role will be remote based in the main. The successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn £30,000 per annum.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 3 million learners. In the last 12 months we have won many awards including Gold at the Learning Technologies Awards.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Supporting the creation of lesson plans and resources for the IT Infrastructure and Cyber Security Programmes.
- Delivering online live learning to learners via Adobe Connect Classrooms.
- Conducting work place visits to deliver work place competencies elements and progress reviews.
- Utilising our bespoke LMS, Enable as an e-portfolio solution.
- Preparing apprentices for end point assessment.
- Adherence to Awarding Organisation Internal Quality Assurance and compliance guidelines.
- To work within ISO frameworks and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Teacher/Training background within Networking and Cyber Security at Level 3 and 4.
- Experience of delivering effective teaching and learning within the Level 3 IT Infrastructure Technician and Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeships essential
- You will need to be highly motivated and engaging and have a proven track record in developing learner progression ideally within the apprenticeship standards
- Technical Knowledge ideally would include a range of the following: Technical design and architecture: security testing; investigations and response. Risk analysis: operations; risk; governance & compliance
- You must also hold a teaching qualification, PTLLS as a minimum
- Confident, personable and able to adapt
- Assessor Qualification desirable
- Cisco CCNA or MTA Qualifications desirable,
- Able to work independently and manage own workload
- Experience of webinar delivery would be advantageous.
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff for the staff”
Interested in the role of IT Technical Trainer based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.