We are currently recruiting for a Lead Tester who will play a key part in the development of our key products. You will be joining a team and working closely with the Product Owners, Designers, Software Architects, Developers and other Test Team Members during sprints, to ensure that each feature is tested correctly and help to eliminate any issues in the development phase. The Lead Tester is involved in every stage of the development lifecycle and has excellent communication skills and managerial skills to manage time and resources effectively between projects. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn between £40,000 to £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Technical Development Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Product Owners, Designers, Software Architects, Developers and other Test Team Members during sprints to ensure that each feature is tested correctly and help to eliminate any potential issues in the development life cycle.
- Delegating, coordinating and monitoring testing during the development phase.
- Line managing a team of testers and providing mentoring of other Test Team Members.
- Managing, planning and preparing tests in a repeatable format to test products at various stages of the development process.
- Preparing and reviewing test strategies, plans and procedures for each project.
- Producing documentation to achieve the level of testing standards required.
- Liaising with the development team to ensure all parties are aware of potential issues.
- Work with external third parties.
- Must be versed in and able to work in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Excellent communication skills and managerial skills to manage time and resources effectively.
- Must have a minimum of two years working in a Quality Assurance management role.
- Experience in automated testing and performance testing
- Experienced in practices and methods for managing test plans and regression test suites.
- Experience writing automated tests using Selenium Web Driver.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Working with Performance, Stress, Load testing tools
- Knowledge of HTML
Knowledge and Education:
- Must be trained to ISEB or ISTQB QA standards.
Attitude and Behaviours:
- Must work well within a team environment and be able to discuss development projects with team members and management
- Be determined to deliver agreed requirements in the specified Sprint cycle whilst maintaining quality assurance.
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
Interested in the role of Lead Tester based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW