Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.5 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success. We are therefore looking for a Learning Solutions Consultant to join our Strategic Business Team.
The purpose of this role is to lead activity that contributes to the Growth team’s sale targets through sourcing, negotiating and managing bespoke content development contracts with new and existing customers as well as supporting colleagues and partners to meet team targets. The Learning Solutions Consultant will understand complex market driven, business and commercial requirements and offer consultancy to businesses and internal colleagues on the pros and cons of different available options.
- Designs, writes and submits proposals and tenders for high value e-learning solutions to support quarterly growth targets (£250K + per annum)
- Consults to partner organisations to deliver high value contracts and clients and to open new markets
- Leads competitive presentations and pitches across all Virtual College products and services
- Coaches others on Virtual College products and services and how to present these in market
- Can bring complex digital solutions to life through authoring proposals and pitching
- Captures business requirements, understands learning objectives and translates these into compelling digital solutions
- Develops the image of Virtual College through online learning technology related activity e.g. blogging, LinkedIn etc.
- Manages own pipeline including quarterly sales projections
- Leads a team to develop digital learning solutions and concepts
- Understands how to scope and develop solutions to time, budget and quality
- Provides high level educational and technical expertise for the design and development of new bespoke digital solutions and ensure appropriate and effective eLearning educational methods are employed to meet customer objectives
- Works closely with the content development team to define processes for the development of new bespoke digital and blended learning solutions in line with customer and partner feedback
- Able to develop and shape multi-faceted / stakeholder relationships and partnerships
- Manages stakeholders and facilitates engagement sessions at all levels including C Suite Execs
- Oversees customer project delivery and takes full responsibility for the client relationship
- Develops and grows client accounts
- Works with clients and partners to help them measure the benefit and ROI of the learning solutions
- Works with marketing to publish project results
- Ability to be creative whilst prioritising and working to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a range of partners
- Consultative approach to sales and relationship development
- Able to work with conflicting deadlines
- Continues to develop professionally and personally
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and digital learning trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the wider e-learning market
- Knowledge of the wider corporate L&D and education market
- Understands instructional design methodologies and can discuss with colleagues and clients
- Knowledge of learning management systems and in depth knowledge of Enable
- Knowledge of authoring tools including Articulate Storyline
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience managing client’s expectations
- Experience in a technical sales or training sales role
- Experience securing order values of between £50 – 250K
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers