We are looking for a Learning Technology Sales Manager who will lead a team that substantially contributes to the overall sales targets. This role will have a specific focus on providing guidance and recommendations to the wider business regarding product development, launch and marketing campaigns from the sales team perspective. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn in the region of £35,000 – £45,000 per annum.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 3 million learners. In the last 12 months we have won many awards including Gold at the Learning Technologies Awards.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, your key duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Supports the team and directly generates leads and closes sales for learning technology solutions, hitting annual sales and profit targets
- Researches and creates target lists and proactive plans for self and to support the team members to increase income generation
- Designs, writes and submits high value proposals for learning technology solutions to support monthly targets
- Captures business requirements, understands learning objectives and translates these into compelling digital solutions
Learning Technology Consultancy:
- Leads the thinking to develop learning technology solutions and concepts which meet client needs
- Works closely with the product and service teams to continuous improve our products and services
To be considered for the role of Learning Technology Sales Manager you must have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Virtual College Attitude and Behaviours
- Communicative, Credible, Commercial, Entrepreneurial, Passionate, Collaborative and Customer Focused
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience managing client’s expectations
- Experience in a technical sales or training sales role
- Experience securing order values of between £10K – 250K
- Experience managing a sales team generating income of £500K+ per annum
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the e-learning market
- Knowledge of the corporate L&D and education market
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Knowledge of authoring tools including Articulate Storyline
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Product management, development or product lifecycle experience
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff for the staff”
Interested in the role of Learning Technology Sales Manager based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV to and covering letter to email@example.com detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.View all vacancies View Careers