We are looking for a New Product Manager who will be responsible for implementing Virtual College’s new product development strategy. This is an exciting new position and will include identifying new product opportunities within the market, supporting the internal development of new products and successfully launching these into the market, helping to drive new revenue and growth across the business.
Sitting within the Marketing team, the New Product Manager will report to the CMO and work closely with the New Product Owner and growing Commercial Team. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn a competitive salary.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the wider commercial team to develop and define a robust new product development strategy.
- Lead on the development of research, data and insight that identifies and defines new product opportunities that support Virtual College’s core offering.
- Present robust business cases for the development and investment in new products.
- Work alongside the New Product Owner to effectively manage and implement the new product development roadmap, adopting an agile test and learn approach.
- Align key stakeholders across the business ensuring all parties are working towards a shared goal that sees new products developed and launched successfully.
- Liaise with the Ecommerce Team and external agencies to forecast potential sales revenue from new products.
- Work with the Ecommerce Manager to develop, prepare and execute effective new product launch campaigns.
- Liaise with the Commercial Team to establish competitive pricing for new courses.
- Be the internal champion for the roll-out of new product launches ensuring key stakeholders across the business are effectively equipped and trained to support new product success.
- Maximise data and insight to continually refine the new product strategy, ensuring revenue and growth remains at the forefront of all decision making.
- Provide regular reports on progress and success to the Senior Leadership Team and wider business.
- Degree in Marketing or Business Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Product related role
- Experience within a media, publishing or subscriptions business
- Proven track record in successfully taking new products to market
- Experience in developing and executing new product development strategies
- Experience in using data and research to identify new product opportunities
- Strong communication skills - ability to work closely with a range of stakeholders
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Flexible and agile in approach
- Excellent organisational skills
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of New Product Manager based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW