We are looking for a number of Quality Standards Coordinators to join our award winning content development team. You will be joining a group of experts in the e-learning industry that aim to inspire learning for all. Based in our offices in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a temporary contract until the end of December 2019.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 3 million learners. In the last 12 months we have won many awards including Gold at the Learning Technologies Awards.
Our vision is to achieve ‘20 million online learners by 2020’ and have a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrating Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Coordinating the work of external subcontractors (for example, to deliver poster designs and printed materials or narration)
- Working with Production Managers to ensure that resources and material are transferred to internal or external resources in a timely manner
- Creating narration scripts as required and coordinating narration production with internal and external suppliers
- Contributing towards analysis of common amends, fault patterns and general content issues
- Pro-actively identifying trends of both good and bad practice, ensuring that this is recorded and escalated appropriately
- Completing proofreading checks to editorial standards and producing amends packs
- Coordinating proofreading checks with external editors and proofreaders, ensuring that agreed standards and deadlines are met
- Completing quality and functionality checks to agreed standards and producing amends packs
- Ensuring that all checks are completed on appropriate paperwork and following agreed processes
- To ensure that all documentation, spreadsheets and tracking logs are kept up to date and distributed to the relevant parties in a timely manner
- Experience in a testing and/or proofreading environment
- Experience of working to editorial standards
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external colleagues
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong levels of written English, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Attention to detail and strong levels of concentration
- English GCSE, preferably grade A or B
- Proficient software user, including all Office packages
- Relevant administration, proofreading qualification
- Previous technology and IT experience, in an e-learning or content production business
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training, contributory Pension Scheme and Simply Health Plan
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff for the staff”
How to apply:
Interested? Then please tell us why you want to work as a Quality Standards Coordinator at Virtual College and send your CV to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.