Are you passionate about digital learning? Do you have attention to detail and enjoy working to deadlines? Would you like to be part of an award-winning content development team based in Ilkley?
If your answer is yes, this is the perfect opportunity for you. The successful candidate will have the chance to work on a high profile international project, offering the potential to continue to develop and stretch their skills.
We are looking an enthusiastic Quality Standards Coordinator to join our content development team. You will be joining a group of experts in the e-learning industry that aim to inspire learning for all. Based in our offices in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a temporary contract until the end of December 2019.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over two decades. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
- Coordinating the work of external subcontractors (for example, to deliver poster designs and printed materials or narration)
- Working with Production Managers to ensure that resources and material are transferred to internal or external resources in a timely manner
- Creating narration scripts as required and coordinating narration production with internal and external suppliers
- Contributing towards analysis of common amends, fault patterns and general content issues
- Pro-actively identifying trends of both good and bad practice, ensuring that this is recorded and escalated appropriately
- Completing proofreading checks to editorial standards and producing amends packs
- Coordinating proofreading checks with external editors and proof readers, ensuring that agreed standards and deadlines are met
- Completing quality and functionality checks to agreed standards and producing amends packs
- Ensuring that all checks are completed on appropriate paperwork and following agreed processes
- To ensure that all documentation, spreadsheets and tracking logs are kept up to date and distributed to the relevant parties in a timely manner
- Experience in a testing and/or proofreading environment
- Experience of working to editorial standards
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external colleagues
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong levels of written English, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Attention to detail and strong levels of concentration
- English GCSE, preferably grade A or B
- Proficient software user, including all Office packages
- Relevant administration, proofreading qualification
- Previous technology and IT experience, in an e-learning or content production business
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff for the staff”
Interested in the role of Quality Standards Coordinator based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW