The Tactical Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading a team to convert marketing strategy into tactical marketing plans that are effectively developed and implemented. You will manage the whole of the tactical marketing mix against agreed deliverables. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing digital and offline strategies to generate inbound sales leads and website traffic, liaising with the tactical sales teams to ensure these leads are converted into profitable revenue and/ or contribute to building the company's brand.
Virtual College has been one of the UK's leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.5 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious 'Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- To develop in conjunction with the senior team tactical plans that will promote products, services and the company as a whole via multi-channel activities
- To select and deploy appropriate and cost-effective tactical marketing tools in order to achieve outcomes
- To evaluate tactical results in order to continually improve performance (commercial and non-commercial)
- Manage a team to deliver the above including target setting, HR, capability and disciplinary etc, and aspire to make this team ‘best in class’ in their relevant disciplines.The team's duties will involve:
- Managing the production of quality digital and offline content including the updating of existing resources
- Managing the creation of emails for email marketing and organising of email campaigns
- Continue the development of automated systems including automated email
- Implementation of a social media strategy
- To fully understand the new product and service development pipeline, liaising with internal teams to ensure tactical plans are aligned with Product and Service Development
- To manage the day to day spend of the marketing budget, and ensure that plans are delivered within budget
- To ensure the lead generation process and sales processes are fully aligned and concentrating on the most profitable activity
- To ensure the successful implementation of a training plan that ensures all team members are capable of achieving in their areas of expertise
- Deliver on agreed KPI’s for tactical marketing
- Develop a calendar of digital and offline activity that will drive traffic to the company’s websites
- Ensure that the most efficient on page and off page content is developed to engage customers
- To consistently and appropriately challenge the status quo, improve the tactical service, innovate and inspire.
- As a member of the management team, to act as an ambassador for marketing across the business
Because of Virtual College's dynamic approach to business opportunities, you will from time-to-time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities
- Graduate level (any discipline)
- Rich experience of multiple marketing channels, offline and online
- Experienced people manager
- Self-motivated, Self-sufficient proactive and resilient
- Target driven with the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Willingness to develop and learn new skills
- Good communication – verbal (comfortable with presenting to large groups) and written
- IT literate / technically minded
- Co-operative and flexible with the ability to work within a team
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers