The aim of this role is to generate revenue for Netex Learning (Training Solutions) through winning new clients, managing existing clients and building appropriate partnership relationships to open up new routes to market.
The individual will work with colleagues and partner organisations to secure, scope and implement training content, bespoke, learning technology learning and development initiatives for medium to XL businesses. The individual will work with internal stakeholders to implementation new digital training solutions and ensure appropriate and effective solutions are deployed to meet customer objectives.
The role covers the following objectives:
- Win new clients who require digital training programmes
- Secure additional and ongoing revenues from existing clients
- Increase market penetration through developing and executing go to market strategies for new and existing business
Present proposals and concepts to meet client’s specifications and business requirements that deliver to time, quality and budget requirements.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include business development, account management and learning technology consultancy.
Who are we:
Virtual College Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netex Knowledge Factory SA – the parent company. Virtual College Ltd markets and sells Netex learning and training solutions in the UK and in other specific global markets.
Netex along with their recent company acquisition – Virtual College, are leaders in learning technologies.
For 26 years Netex has been developing a suite of workplace learning technology products in areas such as:
- Learning management system and Learner experience platform technology (Netex Learning Solutions)
- Content authoring tool technology (Netex Learning Solutions)
- Talent management system technology (Netex Learning Solutions)
- Bespoke e-learning solutions (Netex Learning Solutions)
- Off the shelf training courses & training for organisations (Netex Training Solutions)
In addition, Netex also provide Edtech solutions for the academic and education marketplace.
Netex pride themselves on:
- Innovation and creativity in learning technology
- Great customer and learner experience
- Collaboration and partnership working
- Being constantly curious and interested in continually learning and improving
- Integrity and treating all stakeholders with respect
Netex operates globally and has offices in several international markets including Spain, UK, Mexico, North America etc.
Netex has ambitions to grow a global learning technologies business.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Attitude/Behaviours:
- Exceptional questioning and listening skills
- Strong written communication
- Professional communication skills up to C Suite execs
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledgeable of Virtual College products and services
- Innovative and creative in meeting specifications
- Comfortable in exploratory meetings
- Spot, generate and explore commercially viable opportunities
- Present commercially viable solutions
- Understand and anticipate risks to projects and income
- Scope solutions understanding commercial risks and implication of decisions
- Adept at developing strategies
- Confident making recommendations
- Excellent at operationalising plans
- Able to work to deadlines
- Alert and quick in responding to situations
- Manages conflicting deadlines and heavy workloads
- Eagar to learn and develop
- Able to work to deadlines
- Solutions focused
- Can-do attitude
- Likes working with people
- Genuinely interested
- Builds strong relationships
- Problem solver
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of scoping, pitching, winning and delivering strategic digital learning / transformation programmes
- Experience and / or keen interest and knowledge of learning, L&D, Education & Training, digital learning approaches and tech, business transformation programmes
- Experience of working with a range of Public and Private sector organisations and an understanding of current sector / business challenges
- Ability to develop long term relationships and embed Virtual College within the client’s business.
- Familiar with a Key Account Management approach and can demonstrate delivering growth and new business through this as part of a long-term relationship management plan
- Proactive and entrepreneurial in identifying and pursuing new business opportunities and taking accountability for delivering annual revenue
- Collaborative approach – able to engage internal and external stakeholders and work with and through teams to achieve the best results for the client
- Lead by example and work proactively and collaboratively with the wider sales team and business
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience securing order values – as defined in individual objectives
- Experience developing go to market activity strategies and plans
- Experience in an e-learning catalogue sales, software sales or training sales role
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the e-learning market
Attitude and Behaviours:
- To support and adhere to Netex Group Values and Behaviours – essential
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) including flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing to 28 over 3 years (a day per year)
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel
If you’re interested in the role of BDM (TS) and would like to see the full job description let us know. Please apply by submitting your CV and Letter of Application (stating why you are applying for the role and why you think you are suitable, given the core job requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.