Virtual College are pleased to offer this online cyber security course, developed by Bob’s Business, as a tool to bridge the knowledge gap of information security related issues for employees of small and medium enterprises (SME’s).
This cyber security course is suitable for anyone who works within a business who may submit information to the internet or keep passwords to unlock valuable digital information.
- Help staff prevent against digital threats
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in 2 to 3 hours
- 24 hour learner support
- Virtual College approved course
- Digital certificate upon completion
With cyber security becoming an increasingly bigger issue in business amongst employees, this online training is an introductory course designed to help learners understand online security and begin to protect your digital databases by avoiding viruses, creating secure passwords, identifying fraudulent emails, and understanding how to back up data.
Why take this cyber security course?
Upon completion of this course, learners will have an understanding of how to create perfect passwords, virus vigilance and how to stay safe from digital threats, the important of keeping a clear desk and screen for data protection and how fraudsters can trick you into giving out your username or passwords in a virtual net.
Learners will also be able to recognise how they can take steps to protect their premises and how they can store and dispose of personal information to prevent against identity theft. Learners will also understand what we mean by the term ‘SPAM’, the dangers of using CC in emailing, how to print securely, and how to browse the internet safely.
This course is made up of the following e-learning content:
- Perfect Passwords - Protecting the keys that unlock the information which is valuable to your organisation
- Virus Vigilance -Staying safe from digital threats, avoiding the traps and the importance of keeping up to date
- Keeping it Clear -The importance of adopting a clear desk and screen policy and the potential dangers
- Phishing Fears - An explanation of the term Phishing and how fraudsters cast a virtual net to trick you into divulging your usernames or passwords
- Email Etiquette - An explanation of the term SPAM and the dangers of using cc when addressing multiple contacts.
- Web Woes - Browsing the internet safely and the risks associated with downloading software and submitting information online
- Backing up Data -The importance of maintaining an up to date copy of your electronic files and information
- Identity Theft - How to protect against identity theft, including the storage and disposal of personal information
- Protected Premises - The physical steps that can be taken to prevent information loss or corruptions from external threats
- Advanced Fee Frauds -Identifying opportunities that sound too good to be true and avoiding tricksters who want to prey on your weaknesses
- Mobile Working - Protecting mobile devices and the information they hold whilst working away from the office
- Secure Printing - The importance of securely printing documents and potential dangers of what can happen if you don't print documents securely
This course reinforces ideas through a modular approach with learning resources designed to create natural behavioural change.
The colourful animation style simulates reality in work-related scenarios on cyber security and compliance topics in a narrative structure making them more related to everyone.
Each module of the course is clear and concise with a strong utilisation of humour throughout, making cyber security and compliance captivating.
The training usually takes between 2 to 3 hours to complete (depending on learning speed), which is equivalent to 6 hours face-to-face group training.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to download and print a digital certificate.
About Bob’s Business
Bobs business are an award winning provider of online cyber security training. Their content covers best practice methodology outlined in ISO 27001/2, PCI DSS, the Data Protection Act and PSN so you can be sure that the course will address all of your Cyber security needs.
How it Works
This is an online course which is studied via the Virtual College Learning Management System, Enable. All of the training is taken online. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can also revisit the training material, even after you have completed the course.
Four easy steps to e-learning
Step 1: Find a course
You can buy one or more courses online for yourself or others and, whether you know what you’d like to study or would simply like to browse, finding a course is easy.
Here are some ways you can quickly find the information you need:
- Search for a course using search box
- Click "courses" on the top navigation. This page will show a complete list of courses, ordered by our best sellers and new releases
- Browse courses by category, for example Safeguarding
Step 2: Buy the course
When you've found the course you want simply click on “Add to basket”. You can then continue shopping or check out and make a secure payment via the PayPal payment screen. This allows you to pay with most popular credit or debit cards or your PayPal account, and receive your receipt by email.
All our payments are dealt with by PayPal; one of the world’s most well-known payment providers – Great Britain’s no 1 preferred online and mobile payment method, so you can be sure that your payment will be safe and secure. Here at Virtual College we never even get to see your credit card details!
Once your purchase has gone through you will be able to continue to a login screen. Enter your name and create a password if prompted. This will log you into our Learning Management System (LMS) where you will be able to take the course or allocate it to other people.
You can purchase more than 10 courses online, however if you wish to purchase more than 10 courses, and you would like to be invoiced in advance, you can e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our sales team on 01943 885 085.
Step 3: Take the course
For the best possible internet browser experience we recommend you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox.
You will get a better learner experience if you have sound enabled. Most computers come with built-in speakers, but the narration will generally be written in text on the screen for you to read if you don't have sound turned on.
The course is interactive and you may need to click on parts of the screen before you can advance. This will be obvious as the narration and text will tell you what to do or the links will pulse and flash. The system will remember where you left off and take you back there, but you can go over any part of it as many times as you want to and take as long as you want.
You can write your own notes for the course and print them off or simply store them to access later any time you view your course.
Step 4: Your certificate
You will be able to print your own certificate at the end of the course.
A bulk discount structure applies for this course based on the quantity you buy and is calculated automatically during checkout.
- 10% discount on 10 - 49 courses
- 20% discount on 50 + courses
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please email email@example.com or call our sales team on 01943 885 085.