This training course will provide you with an overview of the Data Protection Act, help you understand its impact on your job, recommend how to implement it in your own workplace and apply it to your everyday actions.
This Data Protection course is suitable for those who have access to, or regularly use, sensitive data and personal information at work. Ensuring your workplace practises comply with The Data Protection Act 1998 is essential.
- Online, self-paced training
- Interactive course with colourful animations
- Complete in one to two hours
- 24 hour learner support
- CPD certified training
- Digital certificate on completion
When working with sensitive data and personal information, (names, addresses, telephone numbers, computer files and data) it is essential that all behaviours and workplace practices comply with The Data Protection Act 1998 at all times.
Why take this course?
This course teaches learners to recognise whether their workplace practises comply with The Data Protection Act 1998 and how to implement guidelines and recommendations. Learners who have access to sensitive data and personal information at work will become aware of the importance of data protection and the impact of data handling in their line of work.
Upon completion of this training course, learners will be able to understand how data protection matters are enforced and what is done when data breaches occur. They will be able to identify issues and foresee potential problems effectively in their own workplaces.
- An Introduction and overview of data protection
- The eight principles of the Data Protection Act and how to implement these effectively
- Exemptions and special circumstances
- How data protection applies to selected business areas and different industries
- Enforcement of the Data Protection Act
- Become aware of various key definitions relating to data protection and be able to recognise which of these are common daily occurrences in the learner’s own workplace
- Understand the purpose of the Data Protection Act and why it is necessary
- Understand the eight principles of the act and learn how to incorporate these in the workplace
- Be able to describe what these principles mean to the learner in their role - and how the principles directly affect them and others
- Appreciate the key concerns for data protection and to recognise the importance and severity of these concerns
- Understand how data protection matters are enforced and what is done when data breaches occur
The content of this course is certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve an 80% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 85% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
This course is currently on sale with a discounted price of 30 per cent for a limited time only!