This Level 3 HACCP for supervisors and managers course has been created with catering, retail and manufacturing industries in mind to ensure employees understand how to safely manage food, how to approach HACCP procedures in different ways and how to develop HACCP plans.
By completing this course you will be meeting your legal obligations and minimising the risk of bad publicity or lawsuits.
Learners will be taught why we need HACCP, where HACCP came from, what HACCP is and how to apply HACCP.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Outline the need for, and importance of, HACCP-based food safety management systems
- Describe the HACCP approach to food safety procedures
- Review the legislation relating to HACCP
- Describe the importance of prerequisite programmes and what they should contain
- Explain and evaluate the five preliminary steps in the logical application of HACCP
- Identify hazards and risks in a food preparation or production process
- Determine critical control points (CCPs) for significant hazards and establish critical limits
- Describe the procedures required for monitoring CCPs and the corrective action procedures
This course is particularly relevant to those responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a HACCP system/team.
When you’ve completed this online training you will sit an online test and, once successful, you can download your certificate.
This module will provide food industry workers with important knowledge on how to ensure their working practices comply with this internationally recognised food safety standard.
The subjects covered in this module include:
Introduction to HACCP
- An overview of food safety management
- A food safety management model
- Why do we need HACCP?
- Lessons from food safety incidents
- What is HACCP?
- HACCP in brief
- Definition of HACCP
- History and background to HACCP
- Prerequisite Programmes
- Prerequisite programmes
- What are prerequisite programmes
- Finding out about prerequisite programmes?
- What should prerequisite programmes contain?
- Examples of prerequisite programmes
- Approaches to HACCP
- Approaches to HACCP
- The Codex Principles
- HACCP in practice: applying the principles
- Product specific HACCP
- Process-lead HACCP (modular approach)
- Approaches to HACCP: Generic HACCP
- Catering models
- Additional information on the catering models
- Retail models
- How to develop a HACCP
- How to develop a HACCP plan
- How it all fits together
- The phases of HACCP
- Define the terms of reference
- Are example document for the Terms of reference
- The five Codex preliminary steps
- The seven HACCP principles
- The final two steps
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are 145 screens in this module and study time is approx. 1 min per screen, depending on the individual speed of the learner. The course is self-paced and you do not have to complete all the training in one session. Your progress will be recorded throughout.
This module is aimed at those responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a HACCP system/team. It is also suitable for small business owners/managers. This covers catering, retail and manufacturing.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How it Works
This is an online course which is studied via the Virtual College Learning Management System, Enable. All of the training is taken online. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can also revisit the training material, even after you have completed the course.
Four easy steps to e-learning
Step 1: Find a course
You can buy one or more courses online for yourself or others and, whether you know what you’d like to study or would simply like to browse, finding a course is easy.
Here are some ways you can quickly find the information you need:
- Search for a course using search box
- Click "courses" on the top navigation. This page will show a complete list of courses, ordered by our best sellers and new releases
- Browse courses by category, for example Safeguarding
Step 2: Buy the course
When you've found the course you want simply click on “Add to basket”. You can then continue shopping or check out and make a secure payment via the PayPal payment screen. This allows you to pay with most popular credit or debit cards or your PayPal account, and receive your receipt by email.
All our payments are dealt with by PayPal; one of the world’s most well-known payment providers – Great Britain’s no 1 preferred online and mobile payment method, so you can be sure that your payment will be safe and secure. Here at Virtual College we never even get to see your credit card details!
Once your purchase has gone through you will be able to continue to a login screen. Enter your name and create a password if prompted. This will log you into our Learning Management System (LMS) where you will be able to take the course or allocate it to other people.
You can purchase more than 10 courses online, however if you wish to purchase more than 10 courses, and you would like to be invoiced in advance, you can e-mail us on email@example.com or contact our sales team on 01943 885 085.
Step 3: Take the course
For the best possible internet browser experience we recommend you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox.
You will get a better learner experience if you have sound enabled. Most computers come with built-in speakers, but the narration will generally be written in text on the screen for you to read if you don't have sound turned on.
The course is interactive and you may need to click on parts of the screen before you can advance. This will be obvious as the narration and text will tell you what to do or the links will pulse and flash. The system will remember where you left off and take you back there, but you can go over any part of it as many times as you want to and take as long as you want.
You can write your own notes for the course and print them off or simply store them to access later any time you view your course.
When you get to the end, you will be presented with an assessment to check your understanding. Don't worry; in most cases you can take this assessment three times at no extra cost, and we have policies and procedures in place for adding further attempts.
Step 4: Your certificate
You will be able to print your own certificate at the end of the course.
Some courses also include the option of a high-quality posted certificate, for example our Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene courses.
Discounts are available for multiple purchases (10 or more) and are calculated during checkout.
10% discount rate on 10+ courses