It is crucial that tenants understand how to be financially astute and responsible for their accommodation and tenancy agreements.
The pre-tenancy training course was developed for first time tenants for help with finding accommodation, managing finance, debt and budgeting, tenancy agreements and setting up basic utilities. The online e-learning course also provides the learner with the information they need to avoid anti-social behaviour and how to be a good neighbour.
- Online, self-paced training
- Interactive course with colourful animations
- Developed with social housing experts
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificate on completion
Overview - Pre-tenancy Training for New Tenants
This online pre-tenancy training course explores the basics of finding and viewing a property and the practicalities of running a new home - including paying rent, opening a bank account and getting advice on the services and support available.
Why take this course?
By undergoing pre-tenancy training, learners will learn how to be more financially astute, understand their tenancy agreement and tenancy legislation and be better equipped at dealing with day-to-day home maintenance.
Upon completion of this course, learners will understand the basics of finding and securing accommodation, will understand about tenancy agreements and legal rights, finance and paying rent, how to manage a tenancy, being a good neighbour and other useful advice including basic cooking, DIY skills and cold weather advice.
- Finding accommodation
- Tenancies explained
- Information on managing debt
- Anti-social behaviour
- Online safety
- Home maintenance
On completion of this course learners will understand:
- How to find a property, view the property and how the allocation process works.
- How to recognise the different types of tenancies, understand tenancy agreements and what they need to know before accepting an offer.
- How to manage their finances easily, ensuring they can pay their rent, set up direct debits, look at universal credit and consider other payment methods.
- How to manage their debt including old arrears and rechargeable, and be able to manage their budgeting.
- How to set up basic utilities, take a meter reading, use insurance and comparison websites, conduct fire risks and safety checks and find information about furnishing a property.
- Their responsibilities, the occupation of their home and information regarding vehicles and pets. They will also understand the meaning of antisocial behaviour, and what legal actions a landlord can take.
- How to keep safe online, how to set up the internet to send emails, and how to use smart phones and tablets.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test 3 times at no extra cost, having revisited the training material.
If learners do not immediately achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our Learner Support team.
Learners can download and print a digital certificate immediately upon completion.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.